Financial Product Market Trainee
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The candidate will join the UK Financial Products Marketing Team, within the Global Markets Division of SGCIB.
Product marketing provides all the stakeholders with the tools to better serve clients:
- Providing sales with the support to ensure proper client understanding of our investment and hedging solutions: product presentations, educational brochures and videos, sales trainings, management of product websites
- Helping engineers/structurers to convey their ideas and solutions with sales: product mapping, product analysis, regulatory approvals, internal communication emails
- Deploying new digital tools internally and externally in order to simplify sales life and provide more interactive marketing tools to clients
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- In charge of all marketing and advertising on the SG listed derivatives business in UK and Scandinavia
- In charge of the creation of marketing and advertising campaigns to sophisticated retail investors, including online advertising, email campaigns, social media involvement and printed adverts.
- Designing, developing and producing detailed commercial presentations and other marketing materials for distribution to clients and/or potential investors;
- Ensuring correct regulatory standards alongside compliance and legal teams. Ensure compliance with local regulations and guidelines
Summary of responsibilities
- To market the range of listed derivative products to sophisticated UK retail investors using a variety of media channels
- To create and provide a high-quality service for clients to improve their experience and understanding of the products we provide via presentations, web tools, websites and events
- To assist the sales department in servicing their clients (institutional clients, private banks, wealth managers) by providing high quality marketing materials
- To ensure all compliance regulations are strictly adhered to and any breaches reported to Compliance immediately
- To promote new ways to deliver our product offer internally and externally
- To keep to date with regulatory changes
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new digital tools (video editing, website management, marketing newsletters
- Previous marketing and advertising expertise is essential.
- Previous experience in Finance institutions preferred (derivatives, mutual funds, ETFs, indices)
- Knowledge surrounding how to promote and advertise products to a wide audience via a range of communication channels.
- Excellent written Swedish and English
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Writing, communication and presentation skills
- Rigorous & Attention to details
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Organizational skills: Time management & ability to deliver
- Innovation skills: Proactively propose innovative marketing
- Communication: Ensure flow of information between the marketing team and covered sales team
- Leadership: Ability to manage projects
1-3 years previous experience in a similar role preferably (marketing of financial products, product specialist)
Higher Education is a prerequisite. The candidate needs to have a Degree in Business Studies, Economics or any Science Degree
Excellent written and spoken Swedish and English
Any other language is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.