Financial Reporting Accountant
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
The role is within the Group external reporting team reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager. The Group reporting team is responsible for all aspects of external reporting for the Group, such as financial statements and capital adequacy, and for Group consolidation journals and compensation accounting.
We are looking for someone who can produce high quality information for external stakeholders. To do this we are looking for a newly qualified accountant who has good technical skills, excellent attention to detail and will be able to get up to speed quickly with the business and the requirements of the role.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of the financial statements within the Annual Report & Accounts of Jupiter Fund Management (JFM).
• Preparation of the statutory accounts for the holding companies within the group.
• Preparing regulatory returns.
• Assistance with preparation and content of the Interim Accounts.
• Assistance with month end processes, including seed capital, share-based payments, cash etc.
• Preparation of management information as required.
• Keeping up-to-date with accounting standards and communicating their impact.
• Ad-hoc work, as necessary.
• Liaison with external auditors.
• Audit/financial reporting background.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience of using Great Plains desirable but not essential.
• Ability to challenge and influence.
• A motivated team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience gained within financial services / asset management an advantage, but not essential.
• Newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA preferred) or equivalent experience.
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter is a focused, active fund manager with a well-known brand and an established track record. Founded in 1985 as a specialist boutique, Jupiter has become one of the UK’s most respected and successful fund management groups.
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs) but also for institutional clients, through separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a sustained period of growth with offices now open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Stockholm, Italy, Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Our main offices are based in the heart of London’s Victoria, and only a short walk from St James Park and Buckingham Palace. We also have a growing network of international offices across Europe and Asia. We currently employ over 500 staff.