A world class financial services organisation are looking for a recently Qualified Accountant. It is imperative this person has previous experience working within Financial Services. It is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team with considerable opportunity to get involved in project work and process improvements.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- You will have full accountability for and be the subject matter expert in the team for a number of traded products and own all associated financial reporting across a number of Group companies. You will develop your understanding of trading strategies to challenge booking models and consider the technical accounting of transaction structures.
- You will proactively contribute to the monthly GL close, through review of key controls and underlying trade data supporting an end-to-end understanding of systems and process flow and comprehensive ownership of underlying trade data.
- You will compliment timely and accurate financial reporting with value-add analysis through detailed analytical procedures to understand business performance and drivers, highlighting areas for business optimisation through compression, capital planning and leverage exposure management.
- You will leverage Business Intelligence and your knowledge of systems architecture to develop and automate processes to enhance control, increase efficiencies and enable greater focus on value-add analysis.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or (or equivalent) qualified accountant with 1-2 years post qualified experience within Financial Services (ideally Big 4 banking and capital markets)
- A keen interest in Financial Reporting, with experience of preparing financial statement disclosures
- Solid knowledge of IFRS required
- Experience of working in a multi-GAAP Group function desirable
- Familiarity with working with very large volumes of complex data
- Financial Instruments experience
- Used to Multi-currency ledgers
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of stakeholders across the business in matrix style environment