The Role This role contributes to ensuring that Aviva Investors legal entities are effectively and efficiently managed, and meet all reporting and minimum capital requirements to be able continue to provide asset management services to our customers and clients.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 31 May 18
Financial Reporting Analyst - Finance - London
- Support finance manager and contribute to the production of deliverables for the different cycles. e.g. Monthly, Quarterly, HY, FY, Forecast
- Provide support and guidance to the offshore teams in the following areas, as allocated by the Finance manager.
- Month End Processing
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including intercompany accounts
- Cash management
- Support finance manager in oversight and review of key processes/controls within Financial reporting team and ensure controls are adequately documented
- Support the day to day management of the offshore teams - includes daily interaction with the team to ensure delivery in line with requirements
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts, and coordination of audit deliverables
- Supporting effective working capital management, including settlement of intercompany accounts and robust cash flow forecasting process
- Supporting the outsourced branch reporting process, including day to day liaison with the outsource service providers
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and offshore teams to agree deliverables, design reports, timetables, etc.
- Ad hoc team projects, and development work
- Part qualified, studying towards a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of core operational processes within a financial services environment.
- Strong system and spreadsheet skills with experience of Magnitude, Oracle, and Hyperion Smart View an advantage.
- Experience working with offshore teams an advantage.
- Understanding of the investment management industry
- Taking a proactive approach & ability to challenge where necessary
- Working to tight deadlines & being able to manage a demanding workload
- Strong communication skills
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.