This growing international investment banking business with international presence keeps its headcount small with brilliant teams where every opinion matters.
● Produce monthly management accounts for the main UK trading entity, listed UK parent company and consolidated group under IFRS, ensuring high-quality output on a timely basis
● Perform the month end close for the UK entities, ensuring the general ledger is complete and accurate and the balance sheet is fully substantiated
● Assist with production of group full year and interim results announcements and statutory financial statements for the consolidated group and prepare statutory accounts for the UK legal entities
● Assist the Group Financial Controller with provision of technical accounting support across the group, including ensuring that group accounting policies are kept up to date; applied correctly and consistently across the group, and documented in the group accounting manual
● Ensure that appropriate financial controls operate across the group to enhance the completeness and accuracy of financial statements and that these are kept up-to-date in a growing business
● Ensure all financial reporting and control processes, including the month end close process, are best practice and standardised across the group; identify opportunities to automate and enhance processes, workflow and systems and implement these
● Assist with external audit
● Assist the Group Financial Controller with support for strategic growth initiatives
● Work closely and build strong relationships with the business, other support functions and across finance including with the FP&A team, treasury and operational finance team, tax manager and regional finance teams.