Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting, Senior AssociateTo prepare and review for completeness and accuracy all components of interim and final accounts and associated reconciliation packs for a variety of funds produced personally and by other team members including oversight of outsourced functions from Poland Financial Reporting Team. Working with CSO, auditors, trustees, clients and the other stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable.
- Prepare & review accounts in SORP format with supporting schedules.
- Prepare & review estimated and confirmed distribution rates for publication and announcement to the markets.
- Work with the tax team to prepare corporation tax and income tax computations for insertion in the accounts and submission to Inland Revenue.
- Oversight, review & delivery of reconciliations of expenses, interest, dividends and withholding tax.
- Oversight, review & delivery of reconciliation packs with supporting schedules.
- Proof read up to final stage of the accounts for arithmetical and type setting accuracy and consistency.
- Oversight & review of monthly and XD Trustee reconciliations.
- Ensuring responses provided to all queries from CSO auditors, trustees, custodians and clients.
- Perform quality and internal controls in respect of all team deliverables.
- Identify and implement process and product improvements, documenting where necessary.
- Ensure adherence to all departmental and company wide procedural guidelines (e.g. timekeeping, dress, and holiday cover)
- Maintain up to date procedures and client deliverable details.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Business degree or equivalent
- Highers obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential.
- Obtained or studying towards IAQs
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 to 3 years previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration.
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures Accuracy and Quality
- Highly motivated and can inspire team
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Inspires trust
- Communicates effectively