Financial Reporting Specialist, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting Specialist, OfficerYou will be responsible for the daily management of projects and related activities supporting financial reporting by engaging with core teams, managing resource, providing SME direction and support, and taking the lead where required to facilitate any solution testing and documentation accordingly. This will include working with the wider EMEA and Global teams and supporting/deputising for AVP as UK Lead to implement the automated financial reporting system, develop the oversight model and contribute to any other key initiatives as appropriate.
On occasions you may also be required to provide cover for the management in the Regulated Funds Financial Reporting Team. This will involve the planning and allocation of workloads, supervision of progress and review of accounts files, working papers and supporting documentation, oversight of outsourced functions and primary point of contact for Clients, Auditors, Centres of Excellence and the other stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with the Arc support team and other teams engaged with financial reporting initiatives globally ensuring full support and UK representation
- Provide leadership on business and technical issues across the organisation and on any other relevant change activities
- Provide subject matter expertise for applicable new business on boarding or relevant projects including reviewing model to ensure production is from appropriate location and medium
- Plan and manage the financial reporting production process and ensure effective utilisation of resources including management of quality and timeliness of deliverables from supporting COE's.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients, ensuring client SLA provisions and relevant KPI are understood and met.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain own and team's technical knowledge and provide expertise to Clients
- Proactively identify, share and implement process and product improvements, documenting where necessary and identify and escalate service level and operation risk issues
- Obtained a professional accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Obtained or studying towards IOC
- At least 4 to 6 years of previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes including previous staff management experience
- Numeracy / Literacy skills and attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration and accounting