Financial Services Operational Risk Senior Manager
- Competitive plus negotiable benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Dec 18
We seek an individual to be a go-to person within the firm for Banking and FMI related Governance, Risk and Control (GRC) related topics . The individual will be expected to lead the delivery of various GRC engagements, Enterprise wide Risk Governance reviews, the setting of risk appetite, and risk and control optimisation across Operational / non-financial risk.
This will involve but is not limited to:
- Advise clients on the benefits, regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to GRC
- Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable
- The individual will be expected to lead the delivery of various GRC engagements, Enterprise wide Risk Governance reviews, the setting of risk appetite, and risk and control optimisation across Operational / non-financial risk
- In addition to advising on prudential capital aspects of operational, the individual will be required to advise and lead engagements related to other elements of an operational risk framework, including target operating models for first and second lines of defence, risk and control assessments, scenario analysis, key risk indicators.
- The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both national and international propositions
As a senior manager, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people whether internally or in a client facing capacity. Your experience and skills will show that you will demonstrate the following:
- A deep understanding of the key drivers for effective GRC from Board level through to divisional line management
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments.
- Good understanding of the linkages with other risk disciplines and how they can operate together in a holistic enterprise wide risk framework.
- Good understanding of the governance around operational risk management including a practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
- Ability to communicate benefits and workings of complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Attributes to be successful include:
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
- Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
- Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
- Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
- Demonstrate insight and apply knowledge effectively to business and client problems;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and identify opportunities to enhance revenue;
- Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience; and
· Experience working for top tier consulting firms or Financial institutions
- GRC / Risk management roles within a wholesale/investment banking or universal banking institutions
- Experience in developing and implementing Enterprise Wide Risk/Operational risk Frameworks for complex financial institutions
- Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of risk engagement delivery
- Higher qualification advantageous – ACA, CFA etc