Killik & Co is an award-winning Investment House, providing advice on savings, planning and investments to private clients. Founded in 1989, Killik & Co is one of the few remaining independent Partnerships, providing a modern approach, whilst retaining the sensibilities of a traditional and personal advisory service to help our clients achieve financial peace of mind. We are looking for an individual to join the Fixed Income team, taking responsibility for supporting the portfolio management functions, contributing to fixed income research, and providing cover in the absence of the Head of Bond Research.
Fixed income service – portfolio management support
- Preparing qualitative and quantitative background information on selected new investment ideas.
- Analysing company results and producing written summaries.
- Assist with due diligence reports, research notes, scanning tools, bond lists and bond portfolios.
- Contribute to the investment process for monitored fixed income ideas.
Fixed income research
- Assisting with portfolio management functions including assessing bonds availability in the secondary market, securities trading, booking of trades, allocations to clients’ accounts.
- Participation in client and corporate meetings.
- Communicating with Investment Managers, responding to queries and providing updates on the performance of the Fixed Income Service and individual investments.
- Assist in regular reviews of the Fixed Income Service portfolios.
- Build and maintain relationships with external contacts, including third-party research providers, rating agencies, external dealers, bookrunners and corporates.
- Maintain Fixed Income intranet ensuring it is kept up to date with latest comments and investment cases.
In addition to holding a minimum of A-level qualifications (or equivalent), we are looking for individuals with strong numeracy skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and proficiency in Excel. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable interest and expereince with investment markets, particularly corporate bonds, preferably alongside experience of FactSet and Bloomberg.
In return we offer ample opportunities for professional development, a generous benefits package, and a collaborative working environment where the client’s best interests are put first.