Fixed Income Cross-Desk Quant Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Cross-FID strategists are a growing, business-aligned team that focus on real-time pricing and risk tools for traders and salespeople in the Fixed Income Division. This global, team uses a combination of modern technology and quantitative techniques to provide business-critical portfolio and market analysis. Our main platform has a HTML5/Angular.js front end, and runs analytics and visualisations over data streamed from our kdb+ infrastructure and other internal systems.
• The Fixed Income Strategists Group is looking to hire a highly motivated, technical individual with significant experience in the front office.
• You will be expected to partner closely with traders, salespeople, fellow strategists and IT groups to deliver
solutions that benefit the Fixed Income business.
• You will have a successful track-record of delivering innovative multi-tier business-critical solutions.
• You will be experienced in analysing data to dig into business problems and to create visualisations that enable users to gain business insights
• You will build tools and analytics to help price deals, analyse risk and identify market opportunities.
• You will be seated on the trading floor and therefore should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, multitasking, and prioritizing accordingly.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
• Commercial experience Knowledge of C++, Java or Scala
• Knowledge of Python and/or Q/KDB+ would be advantageous
• Time series analysis and machine learning experience would be advantageous
• Experienced in both Linux and Windows environments
• Experience of a financial trading environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of fixed income products is not required, though candidates must demonstrate ability and desire to learn.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2