Fixed Income Data Quality SME
This position will be for someone with a good understanding of how fixed income instruments are priced with special focus on corporate and government bonds.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with creating, automating, monitoring and updating data quality controls across all fixed income assets.
The candidate will also be expected to assist with providing requirements for the New Pricing Platform Initiative. About You
Education and experience
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics are all suitable.
- Experience should be in a hands-on capital markets role (Trading Assistant, Market Analyst, or a Pricing Analyst from another vendor).
- Good excel skills. Knowledge of VBA, SQL, PYTHON preferred.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of the fixed income markets, particularly the cash bond markets. Keen awareness of the credit space.
- The candidate must have a natural attraction to the market and the issuers that compose it.
- The candidate must be highly detail oriented.
- Constant communication between teammates is critical in daily model maintenance. Ability to articulate situations clearly and quickly is a key characteristic for the candidate.
- The pricing team is a small unit operating in a time sensitive environment. As such, all members must participate in all activities necessary to keep the product competitive and moving forward.
- A sense of willingness to do whatever needs to be done is key to the team operating effectively.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.