Fixed Income Full Stack Developer - Institutional Securities Technology – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Securities Technology team is looking for a Fixed Income Developer to join their front–office development team.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The candidate will be joining the Listed Sales and Trading (LST) Team. The LST Team is developing and managing sales and trading platforms. This is a front-office development group with over 150 members spread over three continents. The team is responsible for pre-trade capture and order execution. This includes front-end (UI) sales and trading application, order management and all associated processes responsible to manage and place trades on exchanges of executed on engines.
The candidate will have interaction within IT and trading partners, financial controllers, market risk and operations departments – focusing on our Commodities and Rates Business in London. This is a front to back development role, so we expect a successful candidate to be able to interact with users on a daily business to define and clarify requirements, working with global delivery managers and COO to agree on priorities and participate in development of the features.
The role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter term business-focused development as part of the team. You would be expected to gain expertise in several components of the platform and take full ownership of the projects from requirement solicitation to roll-out.
- Gathering and clarifying requirements; collaborating with managers and lead engineers of the LST team, broader partners in the Technology Division and business partners in order to understand technical and business requirements that will drive solutions
- Delivering new features/components from design till integration in addition to enhancing and re-factoring existing ones.
- Work closely with our QA partners to test the new features, supporting production deployment and post production activities
- Must have experience in Commodities Trading Systems and Commodities Derivatives Products
- Previous experience in C# Development on Large distributed systems is essential
- Must have previous experience of GUI development on trading applications
- Strong analytical and good problem-solving skills, result-focused and can-do attitude Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables in a structured manner
- Experience working in the in the finance industry
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The salary of this role is competitive
The closing date for applications is 30/06/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.