Fixed Income Head of IT Development – Hedge Fund Location – London Permanent Compensation – Base Salary up to £120k + Benefits and Discretionary Bonus. A successful, well established Fixed Income Hedge Fund based in London is looking to hire a Head of Development.
Fixed Income Head of IT Development - Hedge Fund (London)
The Hedge Fund business in London has had another successful year, outperforming peers and looking to drive technologies enhancements across its Fixed Income and Alternatives Investment strategies. The business manage just over £11bn AUM, covering Fixed Income, Credit investment products and have a global presence in US, Europe and Asia. Cultural diverse, with humble approach to supporting the business, generating alpha and continuing to improve through innovation and technology is at the heart of the firms cultural values.
The Head of Development will manage a small highly skilled technology development team, providing direct hands on support to the front end business and reporting directly into the Chief Technology Officer in London.
Key Responsibilities –
- This is a business facing role, partnering with PMs and Traders to understand Fixed Income and Credit Investment strategies, and than developing existing IT infrastructure across Microsoft technologies.
- Management of Microsoft Technology stack, (C#, .net core, MS Azure – docker/k8s) and Data warehouses (Azure/ETL) and JS frameworks (angular/react).
- Project Management & Delivery – analysis, design, development and delivery.
- The team consists of 4 technical C# developers and two FIS Front Arena developers and will entail oversight, review and management of the team, conducting reviews and appraisals.
- Be the first point of contact for PMs, Traders, Risk Management, Operations, Finance, and Compliance and Senior Management in managing all technology development queries, support and enhancements.
- Partner with CTO to deliver the technology roadmap, review existing IT infrastructure, vendors (reviews / selection) and adoption of new technologies.
Prerequisite Requirements – Head of Development
- Fixed Income & Credit IT Hedge Fund IT Development experience;
- Hands on technical expertise and IT Development background is must;
- Experience working in a Hedge Fund, Investment or Asset Management firm;
- Proven exposure to supporting Fixed Income and Credit Derivative Investment Strategies;
- Experience working with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Management, and Trade Operations to account for end to end trade life cycle, and risk management.
- Expertise across Microsoft Technology Stack – including C#, .net core, MS Azure –Cloud technologies, docker/k8s) and Data warehouses (Azure/ETL) and JS frameworks (angular/react) and Python.
- Experience across Order Management System – FIS Front Arena would be highly advantageous or other hedge fund portfolio or order management systems including BRS Aladdin, SimCorp Dimension, Finastra, EZE, Orchestrade et al.
- The ideal hire must have excellent communication and a proven track record of delivering systems from front to back office.
- Financial knowledge is a must and specific experience developing systems with Fixed Income products is a must and will be reviewed prior to introduction to our client.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Fixed Income Hedge Fund Technology professional looking to undertake a senior position within a growing fund. The opportunity has clear mandate and sponsorship from the CEO and CTO to drive and deliver the technology roadmap for the business.
This opportunity it well suited to an experience Fixed Income Hedge Fund developer who had moved into a management role but still retained commercial and technical expertise and interest.
An excellent compensation package on offer with attractive base salary, benefits package and discretionary company bonus.
Applicants are asked to carefully review the prerequisite requirements listed above and to send across applications. Applicants will be screened further to account for Fixed Income Hedge Development experience prior to introduction to our client.