Fixed Income PM, Credit Strategist (Relocate to Dublin)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- F&L Search
- 06 Mar 19
Portfolio Manager with responsibility for managing the fixed income and credit allocation across a number of total return funds, liquidity funds, Insurance products, and a suite of products within the overall Asset Allocation programme. 8+ years in investment management with emphasis on fixed income and credit plus macro analysis with a solid track record in multiple asset classes. Relocation to Dublin required.
Our client is a €35-40bn AUM asset management firm based in Dublin, Ireland with an innovative approach to investment management based on the application of a proprietary investment process, which allows the development of portfolio management solutions tailored to meet clients’ needs; investment advice and related investment management services.
Portfolio Manager with responsibility for managing the fixed income and credit allocation across a number of total return funds, liquidity funds, Insurance products, and a suite of products within the overall Asset Allocation programme. This encompasses analysing the Macro Environment, recommending appropriate investment strategies and investing across a broad range of fixed income asset classes including but not limited to sovereign, corporates and hybrids securities.
- The management of internal fixed income portfolios (circa €2bn), including investment grade and non-investment grade credit, sovereign bonds (both nominal and index-linked), agency and covered bonds, their analysis, trade implementation and adherence to investment guidelines.
- Contribute and help define the monthly fixed income strategy document covering duration, credit, country and sector outlooks, a key input to portfolio construction and positioning across the fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
- To help manage the Asset Allocation programme for a suite of mutual funds, oversee the buying and selling of fixed income investments with heavy emphasis on risk management (circa €10bn).
- Employ portfolio hedges of related macro risks as necessary.
- Implement trades and generate orders as required by the business across various asset classes, not solely limited to fixed income, including derivatives, futures, and fx.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of macroeconomic environment with the aim of generating a top down view.
- To improve the current investment process including developing and refining models for assessing fixed income assets.
- Work within a collaborative framework and participate in internal weekly meetings freely sharing developments, themes and investment ideas within the Global Macro landscape.
- Respond to ad hoc investment queries, client reporting needs, or internal marketing requests.
- Prepared and comfortable in presenting to internal and external stakeholders in relation to market outlooks, product overviews or investment reports.
- To support the Investment Committee’s evaluations and decisions with ad hoc analysis related to the current or prospective products and to assist with the drafting of appropriate investment guidelines when required.
- Assist with the coaching, development and mentoring of less experienced colleagues, whilst supporting the senior fixed income portfolio manager in all aspects of their role.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong understanding of fundamental drivers of the macro-economic environment, with an appreciation for investor positioning and technical analysis.
- Ability to provide concise, effective communication of investment themes/ideas to entire investment team within a highly collaborative culture.
- Advanced level Bloomberg and Microsoft Office, programming an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate at Masters level (min. 2.1) in an economics, quantitative or business discipline and preferably with an investment industry qualification (e.g. CFA).
- 8+ years in investment management with emphasis on fixed income and credit plus macro analysis with a solid track record in multiple asset classes.
- Experience in managing other asset classes an advantage.
- Flexibility in managing across multiple regions.
- Demonstrate an ability to work within a structured, repeatable investment process.