Fixed Income Trader
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 15 Jan 19
Using discretion and judgement, implements the fixed income trading activity for the MFS Mutual Funds and MFS Institutional Advisors on a daily basis with a focus on global rates trading.
• Ensure best execution is received for the shareholders on all transactions.
• Ensure that fair allocation across funds is achieved on all transactions.
• Execute Portfolio Manager trade orders in compliance with investment policies and restrictions for each portfolio.
• Assist in developing appropriate trading strategy for each portfolio given the general economic forecast and interest rate outlook for MFS.
• Maintain and build relationships with our counterparties.
• Assist with constant communication concerning relevant market conditions, economic data, credit information and trading information among the global fixed income team.
• Obtain a complete understanding of the various types of fixed income instruments and their markets. Understand how different security types trade relative to each other in different market environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent.
• Five years of global rates trading.
• Currency trading experience preferred.
• Knowledge of fixed income investments, monetary policy, and economics.
• Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.