Fixed income / structured finance internship
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
IDCM is a well-respected debt capital boutique. We arrange, structure and place debt transactions in property and infrastructure including utilities and renewable energy. We work with large and small corporates as well as infrastructure funds to find bespoke solutions for their funding requirements across the capital spectrum. We are currently a team of 8 at IDCM and are looking interns to join us in June for four months. If successful it is our intention to offer the candidate a full time role within the business and therefore please only apply if you are interested in starting full time employment.
Tasks & responsibilities:
The candidates will assist current members of the team predominantly by researching new areas to develop our offering (such as alternative sectors e.g. hotels or school financings), winning and executing transactions. They will get exposure across a number of sectors and can expect to be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Researching and analyse a number of companies within a sector to find out who their directors are, their financials (including sourcing their annual accounts) and current funding strategy. Preparing presentations to brief the wider team on that sector and share insights.
- Regular communication (by phone, email and in person) with clients, investors, colleagues, and third party deal team members.
- Preparing themselves and colleagues for meetings (preparation of research, marketing and discussion materials etc).
- Attending meetings, taking notes, proactively discussing the follow up and taking responsibility for any such follow up
- Financial modelling and calculations to analyse (or allow others to analyse) a business or a lending or investment proposal
- Reading, comparing, analysing and increasingly, understanding financial transaction documentation (sale and purchase agreements, loan facility, security debenture, trust deeds, listing particular, etc)
- Any other work to support the team and increases our ability to win and execute transactions for our clients.
Required skill set
The below skillset and character traits described below are a pre-requisite for any candidate.
- Recent Graduate from a top Russell Group University or equivalent
- Ability to understand financial statements and corporate balance sheet (sufficient to be able to understand a company’s funding structure)
- Proficient across the board with Microsoft office suite in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to put together a presentation and confidently deliver, with limited guidance required
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Financial modelling skills (such as DCF valuation)
- Full working rights for the UK to be considered for this role (no sponsorship available currently)
Should demonstrate they have the following attributes:
- A genuine interest in learning about the financial markets, in particular the transaction based Debt Capital Markets sector
- Professional, competitive, inquisitive and willing to excel
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Diligent, eye for detail and able to deliver to a high standard
- Proactive, self-starter with initiative who is able to use their imagination and demonstrate a can do attitude
- Team player, able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Able to work in a competitive and dynamic environment within a small entrepreneurial organisation
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Reliable , dependable and personable
What we offer
£2,000 (gross) per month for the entire internship period.
Expected Start date: Mid June 2018
The candidate should see the internship as a four month process where both sides are getting to know and work with each other to see if there is a suitable fit. We are looking to offer permanent positions to those candidates that we think have the requisite skills and personality to join us as we continue to develop our business.