Foreign Exchange Operations Analyst
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre candidate to join our Market Operations Division in London.
Sitting within the Corporate Operations Group, the Market Operations Division provides segregated operational trade support to Commodities and Global Markets ("CGM") and Macquarie Capital ("MacCap") Groups. MOD also provides services to the broader business including client lifecycle management, regulatory reporting, payment capabilities, reconciliations, and funding operations.
This role is primarily supporting the Foreign Exchange desks in London within the Fixed Income & Currencies (FI&C) business in CGM. Key responsibilities include:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Providing independent validation and confirmation of deal sets relating to:
- FX Spot, FX Fwd & FX NDF's
- FX Options and FX Structured Options
- Average Rate Forwards and other complex FX products
- Other products as traded by the FI&C & CGM businesses
- Payment preparation and settlement of bank to bank cash transfers
- Confirmation drafting & engaging with counterparties to confirm trades
- Monitoring and clearance of reconciliation breaks
- Ad hoc project support and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Ensuring a seamless handover of responsibilities between global locations
- Maintaining a successful partnership with the FI&C desk
- Supporting the FM Ops London team across other processes or tasks as needed by the business or team lead
About the Corporate Operations Group
- a learning mindset with a strong drive to get up to speed as quickly as possible
- provides input into the identification of potential risks and suggests appropriate options to manage risks
- the ability to confidently work autonomously
- excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- a high standard of attention to detail and a low tolerance for error
- a high degree of personal accountability and ownership
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.