Foreign Exchange Sales and Client Servicing
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Northern Trust is a full-service, global FX bank trading with counterparties via a range of mediums and through a number of innovative products and managed services. Complementing Northern Trust’s asset servicing capabilities as a global custodian and fund administrator, GFX provides currency administration (hedging) through our Passive Currency Overlay (PASCO) service.
Client Servicing Description:
• Trade pricing: Understand client requirements. Monitor/maintain/adapt pricing & apply appropriate margins aiming to maximise returns while following all established policies, procedures and standards of good conduct
• Respond promptly to all phone calls & FX Platforms
• Monitor emails and respond promptly to client & internal partner instructions and queries
• Market Northern Trust FX products (Standing Instructions, Phone, FXPlatform, Algo, PASCO) to existing clients and new prospects aiming to increase profitable FX trade volume
• Regular visits/calls clients/managers & maintain/update Salesforce & distribute call reports where appropriate
• Solid understanding of financial markets (FX, Bonds, Equities)
• Support all areas of the FX dealing desk when required
In conjunction with the client service role, assist in the marketing of the Bank’s FX products & E-commerce strategy, promoting algo products, FX Passport and our participation in multi-bank platforms. Ensure trading efficiency and revenue maintenance and generation by migrating/introducing customers to Bex, algo trading solutions, FXPassport, FXConnect, FXAll, Bloomberg and 360T.
Engage with internal groups including LondonFX, London Treasury Control, GFS, IIG, IMLG and Wealth. Spread FX knowledge within these groups and foster a spirit of teamwork and cooperation, both in the activities of the trading room and in dealing with other areas of the bank.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets