I am currently looking to speak to Forensic Accountants on behalf of a top tier Financial Institution. This role will sit in the regulation arm of the world leading Financial Exchange Group. The department this role sits in is responsible for overseeing market trading, ensure it is orderly and monitor markets for potential abuse, manipulation and breaches of the Exchange’s rules.
This is a permanent opportunity, based in the City of London and comes up a basic salary between £55-65k, a competitive bonus and benefits package. As well as excellent renumeration, this role has ample opportunities of growth and progression.
- Undertaking analysis of companies’ financial data ranging from internal reports, budgets and forecasts to audited and unaudited published financial statements, supporting the wider Primary Markets and AIM Regulation team in relation to both real-time activity and investigatory work.
- Formulating and pursuing all aspects of investigations into potential breaches of the AIM Rules by AIM companies and nominated advisers including development of case strategy and scope and gathering of evidence.
- Supporting more senior and experienced members of the team in the conduct of more complex investigations and resultant enforcement activity arising from potential breaches of the AIM Rules by AIM companies and nominated advisers.
- Delivering verbal and written reports and presentations of factual findings and analysis of potential breaches of the AIM Rules, particularly those relating to disclosure of financial information, expectations and performance.
- Contributing to and, experience dependent, drafting and preparation of written outcomes ranging from rules education to AIM companies and nominated advisers, formal findings of non compliance through to reports and other written outcomes to be used for material enforcement actions.
- Supporting production of internal reports and metrics relating to case progression and outcomes. Day to day administration and oversight of internal reporting tools, evidence and information management software and other data repositories.
- Assessing and responding to information and concerns raised by market participants and investors.
- Where appropriate, depending on level of experience, there may be opportunities to support thematic project.
Degree level education or equivalent, newly qualified up to 3 years PQE accountant looking to develop experience of investigations and enquiries within a regulatory context: with a background in one or more relevant disciplines:
- forensic accountancy or financial analysis, within an investigative or contentious context such as investigation of accounting irregularities and financial misstatements; and
- relevant audit experience or experience of reviews or assurance of financial information and financial control and reporting framework.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to test and challenge factual, financial, and opinion based evidence;
- Ability to apply sound accounting analysis to novel situations;
- Ability to exercise own judgement and reach conclusions and defend those judgements and conclusions where necessary and appropriate;
- Strong relationship management skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in other business units and with external bodies;
- Good MS Office experience particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Able to demonstrate confidence dealing with external stakeholders.