Location: London, England, United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join the Forensic Accounting & Complex Claims team (FACC). This role offers an exciting opportunity to someone with Forensic Accounting experience to providing consultancy services to WTW wide range of clients, which transects many industries and disciplines.A fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join the Forensic Accounting & Complex Claims team (FACC). The Global FACC offering was only recently established and the London capability was cemented with the appointment of a Practice Leader in October 2015. This role offers an exciting opportunity to someone with Forensic Accounting experience to providing consultancy services to WTW wide range of clients, which transects many industries and disciplines.
The successful individual will be expected to understand the principles of forensic accounting and its application on loss quantification, and will be expected to form robust opinions which can stand-up to challenge and scrutiny. The FACC practice is focused on providing Claims Preparation skills to Willis Towers Watson clients in the event of insured losses and to also assist the Client Service teams in helping quantify the risk exposures at placement of insurance policies. Reporting directly to the GB Practice Leader this is an excellent opportunity to take on responsibility and develop a career within a unique and diverse industry. Language skills are also advantageous as the continuous growth of the FACC service offering across Europe is one of the key targets of 2018.
- Computation of financial losses across multiple industries and geographies
- Consideration of losses where insurance coverage applies and more generally in the context of commercial litigation
- Forensic review of accounting data to identify trends and inconsistencies relevant to the calculation of loss
- Research market data and other external factors which may influence the quantification of a loss arising from a specific event
- Present loss calculations in a clear and concise form
- Articulate and explain complex quantum issues to non-accounting professionals
- Assist in development and execution of strategy to grow FACC practice in UK and Europe
- Work closely with Willis Claims and Client Advocacy team to identify and meet with clients and prospects with the ultimate goal of increasing Willis’ market share with large/multi-national accounts
- Work closely with other FACC leadership to ensure consistency in approach and methodology
- Identify opportunities for FACC for post loss quantification and pre-risk reviews
- Collaboration with other consulting service lines within Risk & Analytics (R&A) to demonstrate unique added value
- Support the Global FACC Practice, which may require providing resources in the event of a large loss or Natural Catastrophe.
- Collaborate with Willis’ UK and Europe management team to prepare client proposals, RFP responses, and attend client/industry presentations
- Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility.
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in accounting
- Full or part qualified ACA or equivalent accounting designation qualification
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services; including marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ability to present findings and calculations to C-level executives and other upper management clients
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written at executive level
- Ability to travel globally as needed, which can be up to 30% of the time.
- Additional language skills would be advantageous to develop growth in Europe
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.