Forensic Data Analytics Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Job Title: Forensic Data Analytics Associate Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY's Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused unit within the Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries e.g.: Financial services, Life sciences, Oil & Gas and Government.
Your key responsibilities:
- Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Work with blue chip clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities
- Detection, prevention, continuous monitoring and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and financial crime
- Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to clients
- Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology, innovation and business development
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience with:
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering etc.); or
- Machine learning and pattern recognition;
- Azure cloud computing platform;
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Organisational skills and project management potential;
What we look for:
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to 'get to the bottom' of things. You will be both intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills and a passion for data as well as adaptable and able to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.