Forensic Data Analytics Manager - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Forensic Data Analytics Manager - London
Forensic Data Analytics Manager, London
EY's Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused unit within the Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
The FDA team practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. Our engagements typically require working with large datasets from disparate sources to support investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection. Our projects primarily involve FTSE100 clients covering a wide range of industries e.g. Financial services, Life sciences, Oil & Gas and Government.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of technology products, services or functional components leveraging multi-disciplinary teams such as Product Owners, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Solution Designers & Developers
- Mentor, develop and lead teams of diverse individuals
- Ensure that deadlines are met and high quality outputs are produced
- Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large structured and unstructured datasets, from a variety of data sources
- Use a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Apply analytic techniques and develop algorithms to detect, respond, prevent, continually monitor and investigate potentially improper transactions for the risks of fraud, bribery & corruption, misconduct or financial crime
- Explain the outputs of our analytics and create innovative insights for our clients
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external networks
- Support business development activities such as the pursuit of new commercial opportunities or developing materials for client presentations and pitches, etc.
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree/Masters/PhD in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience in design and implementation of end-to-end data solutions
- Experience with stakeholder management and confidence with client interactions
- Ability to manage a team with varying levels of technical knowledge and a variety of skillsets
- Project management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Strong leadership skills
- Previous consulting experience
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Experience with:
- Project management;
- Project management software such as Microsoft Project, JIRA etc.;
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop;
- Statistical techniques (regression, clustering, etc.);
- Supervised predictive modelling (machine learning, genetic programming);
- Unsupervised pattern detection (Bayesian inference, compression neural networks);
- Azure cloud computing platform; or,
- Data from accounting systems application such as SAP, Oracle / PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, MFG Pro, Extensity, Sage, Coda or other similar ERP applications
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.