- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Apr 19
£57,483 - £63,870
Lloyds Banking Group are lending up to £10bn to help people move into their first home in 2018.
Our Mortgage Transformation Programme (MTP) vision is to create an easy and convenient lending journey we can be proud of. By holding customers at the heart of our thinking to win their loyalty & trust.
We have already introduced processes to make banking faster and easier, including selfie verification for account applications and video meetings and live web chat support for mortgage and remortgage applicants.
Now we want to do more, we now have career opportunities for Front End Engineers experienced in frameworks such as Vue.js or Angular, ideally React and Redux, knowledge of agile development practices and test automation (Unit testing â€" Jest/Mocha/Jasmine, TDD, BDD, puppeteer/WebdriverIO) and familiarity with development aiding tools such as html, yarn, Webpack, html scripts.
Joining our biggest cross-disciplinary feature team as a Front-end Engineer, youâ€™ll be working with our wider Engineering community, applying exemplary software engineering practices and skills.
As a more senior Engineer, you would also have the opportunity to mentor our more junior team members.
Your key accountabilities will include;
- Writing modular, well tested front-end applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- Setting the strategic direction for how front-end applications are developed within the team.
- Ensuring software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- Mentor and develop more junior front-end engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles.
What we're looking for;
- A 'can-do' attitude, capability of bootstrapping projects and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle,
- Strong professional experience with frameworks such as Vue.js or Angular, ideally React and Redux.
- Strong understanding of source code repositories and change management tools, particularly Git.
- Knowledge of agile development practices and test automation (Unit testing â€" Jest/Mocha/Jasmine, TDD, BDD, puppeteer/WebdriverIO).
- Experience with build processes and release automation (Jenkins, Nexus).
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production.
- Passion for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture.
- Confidence to express own opinions and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as html, yarn, Webpack, html scripts, etc. is advantageous.
The ultimate measure of success is working software in production and a team that is continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported where necessary.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.