Front-Office Python Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Front-Office Python Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Line of Business: Global Markets Technology, Global Non-Linear Technology, Structured Funding Trading Technology
Are you a talented, dedicated developer? Want to join a high-energy, dynamic team that values integrity?
Our London office is looking for an experienced Front-Office Python Developer to join the Global Non-Linear (GnL) front office development team, to face-off to the EMEA Strategic Funding Trading (SFT) desk.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Build and development for the global (London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and New York) risk platform, product pricing, feeds to downstream systems, and implementing new strategic solutions
- The role will provide exposure to complex Interest Rate and Credit products through use of quantitative analytics libraries and interactions with quant/strat group
- The work will involve development in Python. Platform is Quartz - Bank of America's strategic, cross-asset, front-to-back position management, pricing, and risk management platform
- The role involves interaction with users globally across Trading, Middle Office, Finance and Risk Management
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience of working as a technologist / analyst / developer in a bank
- SME in Python
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Prior working experience in a bank
- Good interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of Object-Orientated Design and Design Patterns
- Exposure to Pricing & Risk for Interest Rate and Credit products from a technology perspective
- Experience in another object-oriented programming language: Java, C++, C#
- Critical Thinking: Strategic vision, Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution, Change leadership
- People Leadership: Talent building, Meritocracy, Team Leadership, Collaboration, Responsible Corporate Citizenship
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.