See job description for details
The Requirements Join Bó in London as a Front End Engineer
What you'll do
- At Bó you'll focused on front end mobile apps or web development, using your understanding of a variety of technology and collaborate with engineers across the stack
- You'll rotate around teams, and move between both web and mobile focus
- We work in an open minded and collaborative way, and see the value in the team interacting to share ideas
- Bring the full weight of your technical and non-technical expertise to a fast paced environment
In this role, you'll have a hands on role that encompasses development and delivery with a broad mix of languages and technologies. We embrace a DevOps approach to building software. That means many things, including a test-driven approach to coding, continuous integration and deployment.
You'll lead in exploring the pros and cons of solution design options to stakeholders to reach the best possible decision. And from initial planning to delivery, you'll work closely with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders to build solutions that define needs our customers never knew they had.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Using your up to date understanding of industry best practice to tackle complex problems where there might be no proven route to success
- Working with React to build websites and internet portals
- Collaborating with the team to build the mobile app
- Using Agile, Lean or continuous delivery approaches and best practices, such as continuous integration, TDD and BDD
We're looking for a fantastic collaborator with experience in front end development, who has experience in React or React Native. You'll be focussed on front-end mobile app or web development and be comfortable understanding all kinds of technology and collaborating with engineers across the stack.
You'll ideally have worked in agile development, continuous integration and test automation, but if not you'll have the opportunity to learn. We're looking for a great development team member who fosters and strengthens a spirit of transparency and teamwork.
You'll also bring:
How we'll reward you
- A positive and pragmatic approach to getting new projects off the ground, and the proven ability to encourage cooperation among a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience of building web or mobile apps, including creating appropriate automated tests
- Excellent analytical skills, able to handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
- The willingness to express your opinion, and an understanding of when to prioritise progress
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .