Front End Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on."
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join Living Room Client - Search and Browse team. Our mission is to build world's best personalised and immersive content discovery experience for Prime Video users on 3rd Party Living Room devices (Smart TVs, Consoles, Streaming and Set-top boxes), who use Prime Video living room client to watch and discover new content.
We make it fast, simple and delightful to search and explore Prime Video catalog on Living Room devices. We do this by developing the frontend of the Living Room Client, working closely with Product and UX, as well as all other platform and frontend teams to create new seamless and exciting ways for customers to experience the application. We optimise delivered experience to help customers to make an informed choice and reducing the friction required for customer to playback, subscribe and purchase content.
We are looking for new team members, passionate about building unique visual experiences and improving Prime Video application for millions of customer World Wide.
Candidates will have an understanding of stable, scalable systems that have been successfully deployed in a business setting. You will be passionate about technology with a focus on the customer experience and great teamwork.
You will work as part of one of our small Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with object-oriented design
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Understand view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to apply graceful fallback strategies.
• Experience of using React / Redux to build complex applications
• Experience with version control and command line tools
• Understand the importance of testing front-end components, utilizing unit, integration and end-to-end testing models and continuous integration and deployment workflows.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of front-end system design, interaction with backend APIs, and performance/security considerations.
• Ability to understand common UX patterns and are able to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process
• An understanding optimizing the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• An understanding of how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
• Experience with understanding, profiling, solving performance issues, through use of profiling tools ( e.g. Chrome Dev Tools )
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.