Front End Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Front-End Software Engineer
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of Path, an RBS-backed start-up on a mission to make UK SMEs more successful
- Sitting within a small, dynamic and highly talented team of engineers, designers, growth hackers and entrepreneurs, you'll be joining us at an exciting time as we look to deliver disruptive propositions to the market, and experiment with new ways of working for the wider bank
- Based in a start-up incubator in central London, you'll be applying leading-edge technologies and customer-centric designs to deliver an exciting and innovative proposition
What you'll do
Path is an RBS-backed venture - a start-up at heart with strong corporate support - on a mission to help UK small businesses be more successful. Our mission influences everything we do, and we have very privileged access to the RBS SME customer base to get us started.
- Use agile engineering practices and various software and web development technologies
- Rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Communicate with the business regarding agile processes to set and manage expectations about delivery methods and timelines
As well as this, you'll proactively take on challenging problems and effectively collaborate with people both inside and outside of Path.
The skills you'll need
In addition to this, you'll have:
- Experience delivering RESTful APIs using Node.js, in addition to at least one other tech stack such as Java, .NET or PHP
- A solid understanding of modern browser capabilities, HTTP, and related technologies
Experience working in a design or UX driven environment is desirable, but not essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.