Front Office Application Analyst - Operations - London The Role Crucial member of Aladdin Business Applications Team supporting business as usual activity and future business initiatives
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 03 Jul 18
Front Office Application Analyst
- To provide a high standard of support to the UK based investment and trading desks & operations teams across a range of asset classes.
- Provide technical expertise for the Business Application Support team across front-office & Operations disciplines covering Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives asset classes
- Liaise with various other front office & Operations support teams in order to support the full lifecycle of an issue using the standard incident management tools
- Provide a professional and high-quality application support service
- Actively identify risks and use effective risk management and reduction techniques
- Contribute to effective use of Aladdin across the organisation
- Ensure internal customers are able to make investment decisions & are able to execute and settle trades efficiently across our electronic trading environment
- Troubleshoot day-to-day operational issues implementing long-term solutions which support the overall objective of reducing the number of incidents
- Contribute to improvements in the application support environment
- Provide application support, enhancements and testing to agreed quality
- In conjunction with other support areas and 3rd-parties provide agreed levels of systems availability
- Determine training requirements, processes and procedures across support team to ensure service meets or exceeds our customers expectation
- Interface effectively with other support teams and build relations with key IT users
- Facilitate in the successful delivery of small projects into the production environment
- Educated to Degree level
- Strong front office and operations support experience within the asset management business
- An understanding of the UK asset management industry with experience of working with users from the front and middle office environments
- Detailed knowledge of any order management system: key application are, Aladdin Genie.
- Alternative applications that would be considered would be Charles River, LatentZero, thinkFolio etc.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, derivatives, FX, and Liquidity asset classes.
- Logical, structured thought processes
- Relationship management skills and an ability to engage with and gain confidence of others
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter - proven ability to manage own time and contribute proactively to progressing and developing the Transformation planning process
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and to then use this information to document into functional and technical specifications for further work. This may be in-house or required by a 3rd party vendor.
- Strong inter-personal skills and service orientated approach (this means following the company's incident management process)
- Adaptability - in particular to manage and deliver support in the context of an evolving and changing organisation, addressing the ambiguity and conflicting demands that may result
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.