Front Office Application Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Atlantic Associates
- 12 Oct 17 2017-10-12
Our client is a leading Investment Bank who are looking to hire a strong application developer to work on the trading floor supporting the development and maintenance of trade feeds for the front office systems.
- Development and support of the trade feed for front office system risk engines.
- Communication with:
- Quantitative analyst to discuss payoffs, requirements and establish common interface.
- Front office, middle office departments on topics including mechanics of trades, bookings, trouble shooting unexpected PnL issues.
- Corporate technology: explain requirements and solve challenges across different technologies and different teams.
- Ensure correct and effective documentation is maintained at all times for both systems and processes.
- Daily interaction with traders.
Skills and Experience
- 5 Years experience in development and supporting Linux and Unix applications.
- Ability to code in at least one object orientated programming language
- Java, C or C++
- Development of Linux / Unix applications and services in the front office.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Business and client facing.
- Sound problem solving application & database errors, multiprocessing race conditions, and deadlocks.
- Experience in supporting / implementing Murex.
- Previous experience in:
- Multiprocessing and multithreading
- Understanding of financial instruments including hybrids.
- Project management.