- GBP70000 - GBP90000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings UK
Front Office Application Developer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP70000 - GBP90000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
The role will directly support the front office trading team and the respective candidate with be a key developer in a number of major projects. These will include custom development, implementation and integration of vendor products, and enhancement/support of existing systems.
The business unit are a results focused group for looking an autonomous, self-motivator who can grow into being a leader as the organisation grows. Strong analytical and communication skills are integral to success, along with a strong work-ethic and idea generating mentality.
- Develop new software as required by the business
- To maintain and enhance existing codebase
- To provide 2nd level support
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Ability to work well with both business managers, traders and developers
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and Excellent problem solving skills
- Exposure to Automated Testing Frameworks for Java and Web Applications (Mandatory)
- Exposure to Streaming and RESTful Web Applications
- Exposure to a real-time infrastructure (Any of Tibco, RMDS, MarketView, etc ) would be an advantage
- Databases: Oracle, H2, SQL Server, KDB
- Tools: SVN, Git, Team City, Maven
- Exposure to AWS, GCP, Azure will be an advantage
Advantageous if you have:
- Previous experience working for a Financial Services firm.
- Previous experience working in the Front Office.
- Fixed Income Credit & Rates Bond / Repo trading system experience