The Front Office Application Support Specialist will form part of a global support team that is responsible for ensuring the smooth running and stability of OMSs and EMSs
The role will focus on Charles River but will also include support responsibility for real-time position and PnL systems and the internal equity trading platform.
This role will include monitoring critical systems, anticipating and resolving issues as they arise and thinking of ways of reducing common problems. The individual will possess good analytical skills to assist in resolving complex issues.
The individual will also provide 24/5 operational and business support for all critical systems. The Portfolio Management and Trading systems operate 24 hours a day from Sunday night to Friday evening. This position will involve working shifts of 8.5 hours per day between 07:00 – 18:00, Monday-Friday.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Front Office application support for tier 1 business-critical systems with escalation to software development, technology teams, end users or third parties as appropriate;
- Illustrating solid knowledge of Trading asset classes as interaction with Front Office will expect industry familiarity;
- Setup and training users on the use of Front Office systems;
- Assist Development teams in testing bug fixes and enhancements to current systems;
- Record and take ownership of issues using the internal ticketing systems and following through to successful resolution;
- Monitor trades and booking issues – advise traders and desk assistants;
- FIX troubleshooting;
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are kept up to date in the knowledge base and are available for use by all members of the team;
- Implementing change control for the production estate;
- 3-5 years experience in providing business and technical support for a buy-side institution.
- Charles River is required.
- In-depth experience working with the Front Office – execution traders and portfolio managers.
- A good understanding of FICC trading flows and Equities is desirable.
- Good knowledge of FIX protocol.
- Familiarity with trading venues such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb or FX Connect.
- Understanding of Windows Operating Systems and SQL Server.
- Ability to work alone and possess a proactive and flexible mindset.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.