Front Office Application Support Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 21 Sep 17
Front Office Support Engineer to be responsible for identifying and driving automaton improvements within complex systems
Front Office Support Engineer
Risk Services, London, UK
Cooperate Operations Group, Technology
As a Support Engineer, you will be working directly with developers and the Commodities & Global Markets business. As well as providing support for Trading and Risk services, you will be responsible for identifying and driving automaton improvements for complex systems. You will be working with developers to help transits services into the cloud and utilising your broad technical skills to improve reliability and stability. Most of all, your experience will help bring the business and technology community closer together to drive commercial advantage.
You will have:
- Operational experience supporting complex and globally distributed Front Office systems.
- Experience improving the performance, availability and stability of technology services.
- Proficiency in LINUX and Windows Operating Systems including scripting (i.e. Python).
- Experience migrating to & managing services in physical and cloud (i.e. AWS) environments.
- Experience with Databases (i.e. Sybase and SQL Server) and proficient in writing SQL
- Broad experience of technology including open source tools, networking and infrastructure.
- Experience with environment monitoring, capacity/performance management & resilience.
Along with these strong desirables:
- A collaborative attitude working with business and developers within an Agile framework.
- Comfortable with translating complex technology problems into improvements.
- An eye for identifying opportunities that aid simplification within operational environments.
- An iterative approach to implementing improvements with a passion to deliver.
This role is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to be part of a technological and cultural transformation within a highly successful financial services organisation.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race ( including colour and ethnic or national origins ), religion or belief.