Front Office Compliance - Contract
- £750 - £950 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Laryn Myles
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
We are looking to speak with a Front Office Compliance professional with strong monitoring/ surveillance/ reviewing experience who also has a broad range of product expertise (FX & Rates preferable). This is to work on a controls review project with a leading International Bank The role is based in London, initially on a 6-month contract. This will follow a traditional monitoring/auditing methodology. You will undertake process reviews and test the effectiveness of front office and compliance control arrangements facing off to traders, heads of FX/Rates/Commodities trading/sales and compliance.
- Undertake reviews of controls in the sales and trading businesses covering areas such as trade surveillance, conflicts, wall crossing, order handling and suitability.
- Perform ‘deep dive’ sales & trading desks reviews across a range of investment banking instruments.
- Provide assurance that sales and trading controls are operating effectively through testing.
- Provide opinion on the organisation’s practices versus industry norms and, considering the typical approaches of international investment banks, commenting on the effectiveness and sustainability of the control environment.
- Must have worked recently (ideally currently) in a large global investment bank or similar in a front office compliance context.
- Must have excellent investment banking product knowledge, typically FX/Rates/commodities.
- Must be able to the table industry standard peer group experience. A good investment banking monitoring person works well.
- Ability to challenge senior stakeholders on a trading/sales team on the effectiveness of their processes and controls.