Front Office Credit Analyst, FI's, Leading International Bank, London
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
My client, a leading bank in London, is looking for a Credit Analyst to cover Corporate clients. In this position you will be working closely with the Relationship Managers to get deals done in a timely manner.
Contribute to deal flow and activities through the monitoring of an assigned portfolio of Corporate clients and the delivery of high quality credit applications with the assistance of more senior staff when appropriate
The role will require an ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing demands along with strong teamwork with colleagues, particularly the Relationship Managers.
- Work as directed by the Team Leader and in conjunction with other team members to deliver on the banks business objectives.
- Provide timely and high quality credit assessment and monitoring of the client Portfolio, including industry and regulatory reports in line with internal deadlines.
- Work to build relationships and mutual understanding across departments
- As directed, undertake and/or support the provision of high quality and timely credit analysis required for the acquisition of new customers.
- Assist with accurate and timely compliance with internal rules and reporting procedures
- Provide appropriate support to other team members / teams as directed by the Team Leader,
- Work diligently to develop technical skills and industry knowledge related to role.
Behavioural Competencies (Essential)
Team Player. Time Management. Patience. Resilience
Flexibility to rapidly adapt to changing demands.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Strong English verbal and written skills.
Practical experience of working under tight deadlines to achieve results.
Experience in credit analysis covering Corporate clients is mandatory
Would also consider those that have done audit for one of the big four
Work Experience (Preferred)
Experience in credit analysis covering Corporates preferred
Previous experience in a large corporate/ investment banking institution or Top Tier rating agency highly preferred
A-level equivalent with supplementary professional qualifications.
Degree or other professional qualification highly desirable.
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential)
Strong inter-personal and communication skills (oral and written).
Sound knowledge of credit/ risk management processes and procedures gained through previous experiences
Practical experience of preparing credit applications.