- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 May 18
Front Office Risk Server Side Developer (Scala / Java) # 111173
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We are looking for a server-side Scala developer to be part of an Agile development team developing a real-time risk management system for Equities trading (Derivatives, Prime Services, and Cash).
This is an opportunity to join a high performing team working on a large and interesting strategic project using sophisticated techniques to solve challenging problems in both technical and business domains. There is a high level of change within the project and there are many opportunities to work with new and exciting technologies. There are also opportunities to develop business knowledge around Equities Derivatives, Prime and Cash trading.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- She/he will have Scala/Java, with experience developing server-side applications/services;
- You will have good problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and experience working on Agile teams;
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical ideas and concepts;
- University degree in computer science or equivalent training or experience.
- Functional programming experience;
- Experience with frameworks such as JSON (Json4s); REST (Spray); messaging middleware; caching technologies (Hazelcast, memcached); BDD (Specs2/ScalaTest);
- Python, Shell scripting;
- Distributed VCS (e.g. Git);
- HTML5/Bootstrap + any JS framework (Angular/Knockout/Backbone);
- Financial industry experience.
For more information visit Technology Careers .