Our client is a successful global brand name, an established financial services PLC who have been going through an impressive period of growth. Their London operations are now looking to hire a Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Senior Management Accountant to work in a role with Front Office stakeholders. The role will be offered on an initial 6-month fixed-term contract with the potential to have it extended or made into a permanent role. Candidates must be available either immediately or on a short notice period (1-2 weeks maximum).
- Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with management accounting experience, preferably on the revenue reporting side (but cost reporting experience is useful as well as this team looks after the entire P&L).
- Experience reporting in a PLC and multi-currency and multi-entity/subsidiary environment
- Good communication and influencing/finance busines partnering skills with stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Confident user of Excel with Oracle or Hyperion being a beneficial (but not essential)
- A sound understanding of what a good control environment looks like
- Available either immediately or on a short notice period (1-2 weeks maximum)
- Preparation of Management Accounts of the EMEA region across the brands, asset classes and legal entities.
- Preparation of timely and accurate management information for key stakeholders.
- Reporting of daily revenue at Desk/Divisional level and EMEA Regional reporting. Reconciliation of revenue and fees processed at month end.
- Calculate and accrue front office variable bonuses monthly, in accordance with employment contracts.
- Liaise with front office to determine allocation of bonus pools, ensuring relevant approvals obtained before submission to payroll.
- Responsible to prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations with appropriate substantiation evidence.
- Assist in reconciling GL to the relevant sub-ledgers or source systems.
- Production of variance analysis and analytical reviews (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow).
- Build a rapport with counterparts in other regions to agree and settle intercompany balances and foster the sharing of best practice.
- Follow & develop processed to ensure an effective risk and control framework is embedded.
- Assist with preparation of annual Budgets and Forecasts for P&L and BS, ensuring full understanding of revenue trends and key cost drivers.
- Year end reporting. This will include preparation of Year end files for relevant broking entities, business reviews and assisting with Audit queries.
- Assist Group Tax with the preparation of VAT returns.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with the EMEA Finance Team and other key stakeholders. There should be clear communication and adoption of Group Accounting Policies and ensure the Expenditure Control Framework is adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be asked to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
Skills & Experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with solid post-qualification experience.
- Experience working in the financial services sector an advantage (but not essential)
- Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO, Discoverer
- Experience interacting with stakeholders across different departments In-depth knowledge of what a good control environment looks like
- Attention to detail is essential