- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 26 Apr 18
Front Office Technologist - Equity Derivatives & Trading
Our Equity Derivatives and Trading division (EDT) has an opportunity for a Front Office Technologist to join the team in London
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
We're looking for an individual that will primarily assist the Stock Borrow Loan and Secured Financing FO teams with optimisation of workflow and efficiency initiatives.
Our culture is fast paced and dynamic. While technology will be your primary responsibility there is an equal importance on business domain knowledge and you will need to demonstrate a desire and interest to continually develop in this area.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Build out and ongoing support of FO tooling for analysing and optimising current business constraints around Collateral, Funding, Inventory, NSFR, LCR.
- Design and implementation of solutions to scale client base and improve platform robustness
- Ownership and day to day support of the division wide Funding/Cash Usage calculation engine.
- Liaising with the Equity Finance trading, Capital & Liquidity Management, COO & Technology teams to clarify requirements and collaboratively design solutions to ongoing challenges.
We're looking for the following skills / experience:
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably within Repo, SBL or Secured Financing
- Business minded with track record of delivering robust and scalable full stack technology solutions
- Strong experience of OO development (C# .NET)
- Process driven with a desire to challenge the status quo
- Ability to work autonomously and within globally distributed teams
- Strong problem solver with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and follow industry trends for best practice
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience with data analysis, modelling, visualisation
- Experience with Big Data concepts and technologies
- Experience with data analysis languages such as Python, R, F# etc
- Experience of Microsoft stack (C#, WCF, WPF, SQL Server)
- Experience of web based technologies (HTML5, NodeJS)
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Stash, Confluence, etc)
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.