- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Full Stack C# Analyst Developer
C# Full Stack Developer required with knowledge of React JS, Redux and Kafta. Working within Corporate IT you will be responsible for the contribution, analysis, build and testing supporting an number of initiatives across the business..
Overview of role
Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. They also significantly contribute to the analysis and testing activities.
The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
This role based in London and will primarily support the delivery of the Corporate change agenda providing delivery capability as well as 3rd line support.
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Collaborate with technical leads on the overall architecture, design and development of core projects
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test)
• Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Strong experience working in a DevOps culture: automating build, deployments, testing (Git, TFS, Octopus)
• Knowledge and experience of development tools, frameworks and programming languages, specifically:
o Microsoft Stack
SQL 2012 +
Business Intelligence 2012+
o Tool kits
o MQ development
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Good understanding of the business context mainly related to asset management industry
• Knowledgeable on event-driven application development (CQRS)
• Knowledgeable on PaaS (Azure)
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, combined with ability to derive and implement required solutions
• Strong data modelling skills
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with stakeholders
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.