Full Stack Developer (Java / Typescript) – Treasury Tech – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Full Stack Developer (Java / Typescript) – Treasury Tech – Associate - 3105414
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Treasury Technology handle trade support and consolidation of cash, control our firm’s bank accounts, and manage daylight liquidity, spot liquidity and payment control. Our focus is on understanding intercompany exposures and intraday liquidity to optimize Morgan Stanley’s liquidity risk analytics capabilities, adding fraud detection safeguards, improving control of intercompany funding paths, and enhancing the quality of forecasting data. Although our activities impact across the enterprise, our key internal clients include Treasury and Cash Management Operations, and the Financial Control Group (FCG).
An opportunity exists for an experienced developer to take a leading role in the delivery of a significant build out of the Intraday tools used to support Treasury. With a broad range of applications across the department, you should have a track record of driving complex platform enhancements across a diverse range of technologies into a production environment and will understand what successful delivery looks like.
- You will be responsible for hands on development using Java and TypeScript, using test first behavioural driven techniques.
- You will be responsible for designing and developing Greenfield solutions as well as developing enhancements of existing components.
- Treasury Technology operates in Agile Scrum teams running on bi-weekly sprints.
- You will be expected to demand the best of yourself and your colleagues.
- You will ensure code quality and testing standards, lead code reviews and ensure code coverage test metrics are upheld and enhanced.
- Your role will involve ensuring environment controls and usage, ensuring testing environments is correctly managed across projects.
- You should think at all times as an “owner” and demonstrably work to ensure continuous improvement of both the departments’ suite of applications and the methods by which they are developed and delivered.
- This is a great opportunity for a developer who has some agile and TDD experience but would like to take it to the next level. In addition you will get the opportunity to liaise directly with end users through the development and testing phases, as well as show casing your work in the end of sprint demos.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise software development in Java is a must have.
- Must have proven track record in delivering system enhancements into a production environment on schedule
- Hands-on experience with the Linux/Windows Operating Systems is essential
- Practical knowledge of source control and issue management tools is essential
- Must have previous experience with frameworks and libraries, such as: Spring, AngularJS and Guava
- Solid understanding of RDBMS and database application development, ideally DB2
The salary for this role is competitive
The closing date for applications is 12/04/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents