Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management. We are currently seeking a Functional Analyst to join our IT team. To provide support to the business in delivering Information Technology based Projects and activities in line with business objectives through the provision of functional analysis and technical support of front and back office. Primarily supporting a SimCorp Dimension environment and to other ancillary technologies through agreed application and technological methodologies.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Provide functional process and technical support to the business in the SimCorp Investment Book of Records solution
- Functional requirements gathering from the front, middle and back office investment management system users
- Producing high-level functional specifications and other project related documentation
- Work with other Subject Matter Experts to provide technical and business consultancy on change impact for projects and work streams relating to the business
- Manage projects and provide analysis and test planning as required in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
- Maintain market awareness and propose new solutions/approaches to the business, building on a foundational knowledge of the process and data flows in use
- Collaborate with third party vendors a required, in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with the business and assist with issues as they arise, logging them in the incident reporting system
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelors Degree with an additional IT qualifications. A financial qualification such as IMC would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of asset management (Equities, Fixed Income, Treasury, Operations/Back Office) and process flows preferred.
- SimCorp Dimension experience essential.
- Development background with exposure to software development/analysis tools (SQL, C#, XML, Python,R) and methodologies including ITIL, Prince II and AGILE
- Experience of information data feeds and the usage of data therein eg. Reuters, Bloomberg, OMGEO or SWIFT
- Strong interpersonal skills and at least two years’ experience of business or systems analysis support in an investment management or financial services organisation
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.