Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for quarterly fund reporting for two investment companies.
• Preparation of timely and accurate accounting output for review.
• Preparation of Interim and Annual Reports for both funds under IFRS and
assisting on the newly launched fund.
• Liaising with auditors for year-end audit queries across all funds.
• Cash management across all funds and the respective investee companies.
• Monitoring and updating of the funds NAV model.
• Contribution to Board Reports, Stakeholder reports, Management Reports and Investor reporting, with a view to attending and reporting to the Boards, with a view to being the main point of contact for the funds.
• Monitoring compliance including the qualifying investment position of the funds.
• Bookkeeping for a newly launched Investment Trust and holding company.
• Supporting the Fund Finance Director with the preparation of the Investment Trust Annual Report
• Other ad hoc quarterly reporting in relation to the investors
Underlying Investments and fund administration:
• Ownership of bookkeeping transactions and maintenance of accounting records for multiple underlying investment companies
• Preparing quarterly management accounts for investment companies.
• Attending Investee Company board meetings to respond to financial queries.
• Preparing annual statutory accounts in line with appropriate accounting standards (UK GAAP).
• Take ownership of Cash flow monitoring and reporting across all investment entities.
• Liaising and responding to Internal and third parties and ensuring requests or queries are dealt with appropriately.
• Payment processing in accordance with policy and strict deadlines.
• Proactively looking for opportunities to improve with communication to senior management.
• Assistance with asset/portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
• Business partnering with internal teams, including asset management, investment, portfolio management and external stakeholders such as tax advisers and bookkeepers.
• Assistance with technical accounting and process memos for corporate transactions and new reporting standards.
• Assistance with inputting into new portfolio and facility agreements.
• Assistance with ad-hoc requests from investors and stakeholders.
• Completion of various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
Skills & Experience
• Finalist/Newly Qualified or 1-3 years post qualified (ACA/ACCA)
• Currently working within a similar role within an Investment House or a small to mid-tier accountancy practice (accounts preparation required)
• Accurate, organised, methodical, deadline focused and committed.
• Demonstrable understanding of accounting policies and procedures (UK GAAP and IFRS) and a working knowledge of IFRS within the Investment Trust space.
• Previous experience with financial accounting for investment companies would be advantageous
• Debt compliance and investor reporting experience also advantageous
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Ability to manipulate and sort large volume of data in excel.
• Good communicator, with the ability to review and interpret and present complex financial data.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-tasking are essential, using initiative to prioritise.
• A sense of commerciality who will own the projects they work on.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced level in MS Excel.