FundLogic UCITS Platform Management Support – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s FundLogic UCITS team is seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join them for a full-time role, focusing on Platform Management.
FundLogic Alternatives Plc was launched in April 2010 with the aim of providing alternative funds to investors in a regulated UCITS wrapper. The platform stemmed from a joint venture between the Institutional Equity Division and the Prime Brokerage business at Morgan Stanley. At the end of 2016, Morgan Stanley decided to move the platform solely to the Prime Brokerage division in order for FundLogic to fully benefit from the broader PB structure. Following this restructuring, the FundLogic platform was able to take full advantage of the wider PB technology, of its operational infrastructure and of its strong relationships with investment managers. This has helped the platform to grow its assets under management considerably. The platform also supports Morgan Stanley’s derivative strategies group with bespoke solutions for a variety of clients, a part of the business that has also grown considerably.
- Assisting in project-managing new business integration, including:
- Attending sales meetings to learn more about the pipeline
- Liaising with sales, the platform’s administrator and lawyers
- Managing the client timeline to ensure a timely and successful launch
- Responsibility for the internal review/approval process for new business
- Providing a high level of support to the Platform Management Team as business needs dictate
- Management of the internal Fund information
- Support of the data management process , including liaising with third party vendors
- Assisting with project work relating to legal processes of the platform
- Management of fee management process for distributors, alongside internal teams
- Assisting on preparation for senior internal meetings
- Overseeing fund platform deal flows
- Knowledge of funds, fund structures, fund management companies and alternative Investments required. Knowledge of UCITS regulation would be highly beneficial
- Exposure to equity strategies would be beneficial
- You are a high-calibre graduate with a degree from a top institution (finance or economics degree preferred, but not required).
- You have a strong knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables, data research, multiple worksheet data management), Word and the efficient use of PowerPoint to create compelling presentations
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
- You are analytical, quantitative, insightful, adaptable, detail oriented, a quick learner, enjoy problem solving, a team player, a multi-tasker and possess a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JD2