- £50,000 - £55,000 base + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 May 19
We are working on behalf of a mid-market European private equity firm. The firm has multiple offices globally and have had a strong track record to date. They are seeking a qualified accountant to join them in their Fund Finance team.
The successful Fund Accountant will report directly to the Head of Fund Accounting.
The incumbent will be allocated funds and will be responsible for all of the accounting around them.
Due to the lean structure of the finance team, they will also be expected to know the status and be able to provide information on all of their live funds, when necessary.
- preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual fund accounts prepared under UK and US GAAP;
- ensure that investment accounting records of the underlying SPVs are consistent with the Fund;
- treasury duties - oversight of liquidity including review of capital calls and distributions;
- co-ordinating year-end audit of the funds;
- point of contact for ad-hoc investor queries;
- maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- liaising with external fund administrators and other outsourced service providers.
Experience of UK GAAP/US GAAP and Fund Accounting is advantageous but not essential.
The role holder will be expected to demonstrate a team player attitude to willingly undertake a broad range of responsibilities as required by the role.
The Fund Accountant will also be expected to take the initiative in innovating and driving continual system and process improvement within the firm.
Other key skills include:
- fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- strong academic background; - high competency in using Excel;
- exposure to accounting software;
- good communication skills and ability to work well in a team; and
- good organisational skills, particularly when meeting required timeframes and reporting deadlines.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: email@example.com quoting reference MN50224.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.