A leading Private Equity fund with an outstanding track record is eager to appoint a Fund Accountant to their growing team.
The role will be a vital part of the fund finance function and will involve responsiblities spread across fund finance, investor relations and structuring. The CFO is a big believer in building a finance team which truly Partners with the business and in particular the deal teams. As such, while this role will invove elements of reporting and general finance duties, the focus is very much on adding value and acting as a commercial business partner to areas such as the Partner group, the deal team and the IR function.
The role can be defined as follows:
Fund Accounting and control
Monitoring and review of the fund accounting process and working in partnership with multiple fund administrators and the fund controller to produce accurate and timely information, focussing on:
• Review of monthly fund accounts, VAT schedules and annual accounts;
• Assist in preparation of quarterly investor reports and capital account statements;
• Assist in fund transactions including:
- capital call and distribution calculations and notices;
- quarterly management fee calculations;
• Assist in working with tax advisers and fund administrators to ensure accurate and timely tax information is produced for investors, including US K1, PFIC tax information, UK taxation, German taxation and other jurisdictional tax requirements;
• Assist in working with fund administrators and advisers to ensure timely and accurate submission of regulatory and compliance reports, including AIFMD reporting and FATCA/CRS reporting;
• Aid the external auditors for the annual fund audits and delivery of the statutory accounts;
• Liaise and work with fund depositary agents, co-ordinating information requests as required and on a timely basis;
• Liaise with other key service providers such as the fund bankers and assisting with forecasting of liquidity requirements for fund entities including bridge loan monitoring;
• Manage fund accounts payable and receivable, working with the accounts assistant and fund administrators to ensure this is completed in a timely manner and within set controls and limits;
• Management and forecasting of the funds’ cash position.
Coordinating and reviewing fund administrator(s) responses to LP queries including audit confirmations from LPs and ad-hoc investor queries;
Assist in providing Fund information to IR team for investor presentations;
Working with fund administrators and IR team on ensuring information on the investor portal (eFront) is updated in a timely manner.
Liaise with the Luxembourg team to assist with set up of subsidiary companies in the Luxembourg structures including document review and operational setup.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong intellect; analytically-minded
- Good interpersonal skills – versatile style; good listener; patient; persuasive
- Strong organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong (people and time) management skills
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in written materials
- Highly numerate; able to manipulate data and produce sound analysis
- Drilled in ‘zero defects’ standards for client-ready materials
- Able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and competing demands, with the ability to identify and focus on value add
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, priorities and personalities
- Able to demonstrate rigour and accountability in their work
- Desire to excel and grow in a high-performing firm
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A qualified accountant with circa 1 year post-qualification experience
- Private equity experience either at a PE house, fund administrators or audit experience would be desirable
- FRS 102 experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Proficiency in eFront would be desirable but not essential