A vacancy exists for the position of a Corporate Actions Oversight Senior Associate on the FA UK Corporate Actions Oversight Team. Reporting to the officer of the FA Corporate Actions UK Oversight Team, the candidate will be responsible for managing the Oversight Function cross all clients in a busy and challenging environment. This is a small team, so it is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial environment in addition to gaining exposure within the firm and to all Corporate Action events.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate you will
- Engage our Outsourcing Service Providers (OSP) to ensure client satisfaction is met
- Perform a high level review of Corporate Action events manually posted by our OSPs
- Collate and review KPI/KRI of our OSPs and to discuss issues on weekly and monthly calls
- Conduct reviews of cash and stock recon files, flagging breaks which require attention to the OSP and escalate as required
- Raise potential risk or known risk items to line management within the agreed timeframes
- Actively monitor and resolve escalated queries from other departments to avoid impact to the NAV
- Participate in client new business take-on requests
- Ensure both internal and external client satisfaction by effectively dealing with any issues / escalations that arise within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in business transformation projects that will minimize waste, improve efficiency (either existing or new issues)
- Actively participate in any auditing process to achieve a high rating during review
- Ensure Daily tasks assigned to the Corporate Action Oversight Team are actively monitored and achieved
- Participate in continuous process review to ensure a high standard of Standard Operating Procedures are in place.
- Bring any employee relations issues to the attention of management
- Organise and attend team & manager meetings or arrange conference calls as required
- Attend weekly, monthly and ad-hoc calls / meetings as required (Control, SRM, client, internal etc.)
- Coaching of both new and experienced staff members
- Deputize for line manager in times of absence
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Fund Accounting Application knowledge (MCH)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative