Our client is a leading private equity firm based in the City. They are seeking a Fund Accountant to join their Finance team for an initial one-year fixed-term contract, to assist with a range of tasks including client drawdowns/distributions, investment contributions and quarterly/annual reporting. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant who has developed strong fund accounting experience within similar firms.
- Responsible for the cash management function.
- Month-end process and reporting.
- Ensure that journals are posted accurately, and on a timely basis to meet month-end, quarterly and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that investment valuations are received and processed to meet entity requirements.
- Calculate GPPS & FPS for the funds, related payment processing.
- Prepare and review client drawdown/distribution notices.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Ensure that the information received from outsourced Administrators meets requirements.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts.
- Provide audit information, and response to audit queries.
- Ensure that stakeholder queries are addressed on a timely basis.
- Take responsibility for a range of fund structures.
- Degree educated, with a minimum 2.1 degree classification and a strong academic record.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Previous accounts preparation and fund reporting experience.
- Previous experience of working either with or in an audit environment.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Word.
- Previous cash management (forecasting, and production of reconciliations) experience.
- Experience operating in a financial control environment.
- Experience of dealing with multiple deadlines, and prioritising tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in using Investran is desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Samantha van Staden: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SVS51035.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.