Fund Accountant - NAV Pricing
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
A senior level Fund Accountant position has arisen within a leading Third Party Administrator's Pricing Team.
- Lead and motivate staff
- Manage the daily production of prices performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Plan and manage all team deliverables with effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Pricing Manager
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and take remedial action, keeping the Pricing Manager informed
- Provide daily / weekly MI to AVP which clearly identifies the progress of the team
- Attend regular meetings with the COE’s to maintain service levels and resolve issues
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries within agreed timescales
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments in COE’s and external contacts such as custodians, trustees, investment managers, auditors etc, providing technical expertise on the service provided
- Participate in Service Reviews and adhoc client meetings
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Agree objectives for staff annually; monitor and appraise their performance providing regular formal and informal feedback
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists
- Monitor the service from internal groups and feed into the relevant forums for COE’s.
- Ensure that KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
- Monitor absence levels and ensure absence management procedures are followed
- Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to ensure regular communication with staff. Communicate effectively with clients, COE’s, third parties and colleagues
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal processes by completing a self evaluation and suggesting appropriate development to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context.
- Fund Administration experience essential, preferably at a large financial institution
- Demonstrate good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to manage day to day workflow of a pricing team
- Experience of staff management
- IAQ qualified
- Business degree from University/College or equivalent/ relevant market experience.