Fund Accountant (6-month FTC) - Private Equity/Credit
Our client is one of Europe's leading alternatives investment management firms specialising in Private Credit portfolios with an AUM of more than $30 billion.
They are currently looking for someone to join for a period of 6 months to help out on a project within the Fund Operations team.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the fund operations team, working within Fund accounting, ensuring efficient administration of the company's strategies. The role will be varied in scope, encompassing fund accounting processes as well as deal support and related legal and corporate secretarial processes. It will suit someone with a solid accounting/funds background, interested in widening their scope of responsibilities and in joining an ambitions team to provide best in class service to the business.
- Work with the fund accountants to prepare fund investor reporting
- Liaising with external fund administrators, banks, servicers, auditors etc.
- Assist with fund cash forecasting and related fund drawdown and distribution requirements
- Assist with deal processes through approvals, fund related documentation drafting, execution and payment stages
- Liaising with board directors to coordinate quarterly and ad hoc boards, including assisting with preparation of board materials
- Assist with the preparation of fund regulatory and tax reports
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as required by senior management
Work Experience & Qualifications
- Either ACA, ACCA qualified or studying towards
- UK Fund Accounting experience in a Private Debt or Equity related role, either in an alternatives fund itself or at a third-party fund administrator
- Familiarity with fund structures, related legal documentation and related regulation
- Understanding of underlying asset classes
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter able to take initiative and ownership
- Must be numerate and able to demonstrate strong financial literacy
- Strong team player, able to build relationships with both the wider business and external stakeholders
- Desire for continued development in fund operations environment
- Fluent Written & Spoken English to a high standard
- Microsoft Office particularly Excel to a strong level