Fund Accountant, Private Equity
- GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + Bnous
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
We have been engaged by one of the most recognisable names in the Private Equity sector. A fully qualified accountant is sought for a wide range of fund accounting tasks. You will ideally come with experience from the Private Equity or Infrastructure sectors or from a Fund Administration business.
- Producing accounts, reports and other ad-hoc financial information for specified entities in compliance with partnership agreements, regulatory requirements and taxation legislation and well as for income-based plans.
- Processing and review of portfolio transactions following appropriate legal paperwork and internal documentation.
- Peer reviewing work performed by the team to ensure accuracy, consistency, timeliness and quality of outputs.
- Preparing and presenting accounts, reports and other ad-hoc information for funds and related companies in compliance with IFRS, partnership agreements, regulatory requirements and taxation legislation.
- Calculating and paying distributions to partners, including the GP's management fee and supporting allocations information, and calculating and call drawdowns from partners.
- Maintaining relevant accounting books and records for the partnerships and related companies.
- Providing technical accounting advice for the treatment of investment portfolio transactions.
- Developing models to provide forward-looking analysis for carry and fund distributions and using these for forecasts and accruals.
- Review all deliverables prepared by fund administrators. Provide support and guidance to the fund administrators to ensure all deliverables are completed on time.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with various internal stakeholders, especially with deal team and the wider Finance, Tax and Treasury team.
- Contributing to the design, development and enhancement of systems, processes and reports for both new and existing entities in order to achieve best practice targets and add value to reporting.
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have a sound academic background
- Preference for a fund accounting background, either from another Private Equity/Infrastructure fund or from a Fund Administrator
- An audit background will also be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- To work with a leading player in the Private Equity sector
- Career enhancing
- Work in a friendly and collaborative team