Our client is a leading investment technology provider for asset managers, pension funds, hedge funds & fund administrators, and as part of their solution offering have a strong multi asset class investment management system. They're a respected market player going through a growth phase and strengthening their UK operation, including the addition of a fund accounting subject matter expert (SME) to play a lead product consulting role. In this varied SME role you'll use your fund accounting / portfolio analysis experience gained so far, to take product ownership for their portfolio management module. From a business user perspective you’ll get involved in a variety of interesting tasks from designing additional user functionality to ensure the product meets market needs, to problem solving for client implementations.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills;
- At least 5 years industry experience. This could have been gained within a hedge fund, asset manger or fund administrator where you might still be, or you might have joined a technology or data provider after initially working for an investment institution.
- Experience in a fund accounting / controller type role with strong calculation experience would be ideal i.e. solid experience with the likes of NAV calculations, hedge fund performance fee calculations and redemption liquidity calculations etc.
- Asset class knowledge; hedge funds, long only funds, ETFs, equities and fixed income. Private Equity would be a plus but not required if you’d be willing to learn.
- A sharp analytical mind and like getting into portfolio calculations, in additional to a willingness to learn and expand your investment management knowledge.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way.
- Batchelor's degree (and education towards professional investment qualifications such as CFA would be beneficial but is not required).
Excellent career opportunity with well respected investment technology company, offering the chance to further build on your portfolio management experience in a varied role.
Keywords: fund accounting, fund accountant, hedge fund accountant, fund controller, product controller, NAV operations, funds oversight, portfolio management, portfolio analyst, investment analyst, portfolio management, performance analyst, risk analyst, portfolio analytics, portfolio analysis, attribution, risk management, risk analysis, portfolio construction, investment, asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds, fund administrator, equities, fixed income, derivatives.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.